Dad Hacks While Everyone Is Home
Everybody is home now and it’s not easy! I used a few hacks to survive.
When trouble hits, #RealFathers step up to the plate and are grateful being there but with this pandemic, well things are getting a little too crazy!
From zooming with the kids’ teachers to eating all the snacks the same day we buy them, not to mention figuring out how to pay for everything, this dad’s life isn’t easy right about now.
Everybody is home now and for many of us, this new normal is driving us crazy lol.
Me included and due to that, I wanted to share a few dad hacks that have helped me with the first few weeks of having a full household 24/7.
At Home Dad Life Hacks
There are so many hacks that you can apply to make your life easier but I have 4 that really stood out during the 1st week of homeschooling.
I am going to have to drop a part 2 to this as we get accustomed to life at home, but I hope these 4 help you, even if only one applies.
These are the hacks, go listen to the podcast below for more details:
Hack 1: Get everybody dressed for the day, no pj’s
Hack 2: Some rules don’t apply now, that’s ok
Hack 3: Realize your time is not your time anymore, it’s theirs
Hack 4: Take time for yourself
A sick dad, mentally or physically, can’ help as much as they would like to. During times like this if you can’t do all of the hacks, at least focus on #4.
It makes a huge difference, let’s get it!
Listen to episode 37 below on how I apply these hacks to make my life easier.
Looking For More?
- No Health, No Dad: We Do It For Our Kids
- Kicks & Your Kids, The Sole Connection with Kian Miller
- Deadbeat People: Selfish vs Selfless
- Teaching your kids how to handle a gun
- Child Support: We Do It For Our Kids
- Learning from Social Working with Bas Moreno
- Traditions: It’s who you do it with that matters
- We do it for our kids! Black Fathers Now & #FatherhoodIsLit
- Got Sole: Attending A Trade Show With Your Kids
- Actions over resolutions, the dad way!