Giveaway #FatherhoodIsLit Sends You To The Maker Faire
Growing up I was the type of kid that liked to break things and then fix them. My dad wasn’t a fan of some of the things I did, but he also encouraged me to be creative!
Now it’s my kids doing the same thing, they are Makers and so am I! That’s why you can always catch us doing something both cool and hands-on as a family.
This week we are taking our talents to the New York Hall Of Science for the famous, World Maker Faire! It’s their 8th year doing it, so you know it’s good!
I found some pictures of the actual event and I would be lying if I told you only my kids were excited!!
Besides all the learning that takes place, we also get to test our own skills by doing hands-on activities. My kids have some serious skills with mini hammers, so I can’t wait to see what they do with a soldering gun and more.
Oh yeah, and one of my favorite companies will be there doing workshops all day along with other MAKERS, LittleBits!!!!
Watching my kids represent at the Maker Faire is going to be so dope, but you know whats even better?
We get to bring another family with us!
You read that correctly!
I’m going to choose one random winner from the comment section of this Instagram Post!
So hit me up and let me know if you want in! I know we are going to have some fun and I can’t wait to see some of the #FatherhoodIsLit community there!
Make Your Presence Felt
For more information or to register check out their site here or read below.
What is Maker Faire
Maker Faire is part science fair, part county fair, and part something entirely new! It’s a family-friendly showcase of invention, creativity, and resourcefulness, and a celebration of the Maker Movement. It’s an all-ages gathering of tech enthusiasts, crafters, educators, tinkerers, food artisans, hobbyists, engineers, science clubs, authors, artists, students, and commercial exhibitors. All of these “Makers” come to Maker Faire to show what they have made and to share what they have learned.
When & Where is World Maker Faire
World Maker Faire New York takes place on Saturday, September 23 & Sunday, September 24, both days 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., at the New York Hall of Science in Queens, 47-01 111th Street, Queens, NY 11368.
What to Expect at World Maker Faire
* Hands-on Activities (soldering, crafts, coding, etc.)
* Fun Attractions (based on learning and innovation, of course!)
* Wide variety of topics: Robotics, electronics, drones, woodworking, 3D printing & fabrication, fashion, design, education, electronics, virtual reality, microcontrollers, etc.
* Something of interest for ALL ages and skill levels
* On average people spend at least 6+ hours at Maker Faire
* Makers and projects are inside and outside
Looking For More?
- Recording videos with your kids
- Can journaling help your fathering?
- Real World Lessons: 6ix9ine & Attention
- Get Paid: Kids Being Themselves with Julian Mitchell
- The benefit of fully being there
- Where You Came From w/ Vic Medina
- Staying Strong with Kenny Clutch
- Flip The Script with Jason Wallace
- Dad Hacks While Everyone Is Home
- The Life Of Dad with Art Eddy