Missing Your Kids Bday Sucks #FatherhoodIsLit Tho
Missing your kid’s birthday sucks!!!
I am a sucker for always being there when my kids are the star of the show but this October 5th I couldn’t be there!
I always vowed to be there for my sons and I failed on one of their birthday of all days, but its ok!!!
It’s ok because it wasn’t my fault! He just entered one of the top middle schools in NYC and they took him camping for a 3-day team building exercise! I never had one of those growing up damn it!
At 1st I was upset that I wasn’t going to be able to put a cake on my son’s face on his birthday but then I realized that I was acting up for no reason! I even thought about heading out to his school’s campsite to sneak around and catch a glimpse. Damn, dads are weird at times, but I also knew I would end up lost, arrested or eaten by a bear. I’ll pass.
I kept repeating it’s not my fault all week until this morning, I woke up and my schedule was different.
- I didn’t have to wake up at 5 am to get him ready for school
- I didn’t have to drop him off at the bus stop at 6:30 am half asleep
Those two things that I took for granted every morning affected me the most! I didn’t like doing them but I appreciated it and it gave my chaotic days some sort of direction.
Now for 2 days, I get to wake up as late as my 1 year old allows which is never past 8 am lol.
I feel lost at 3 pm when he usually calls me to let me know he’s walking home and wants a sandwich.I miss asking him what he learned in school and harassing him to get all his homework done early.
To say its weird is an understatement, but one thing for sure I’m blessed to see him growing up and becoming a man!
I miss him dearly but I also know that when he gets back, I will embarrassingly hug him to death in front of all of his friends and teachers. I love him and have no problem showing him, even if he tries to get away from my hugs and kisses at the age of 11!
Every day I am alive I celebrate my kids like it’s their birthday, he knows I love him and can’t wait to see him.
But it still sucks to not have him here on the day that changed my life 11 years ago!
I love you buddy, I think you know that already but if you don’t, here’s your reminder!
I love being a dad, missing your bday f**king sucks! (I know, I know, I owe $2 to the swear jar)
Looking For More?
- Hey, Dads Need Date Nights Also, Have Them
- Awaken Your Heart- Anti Gun Violence Event At St. George Theatre
- Fatherhood Family Fun Day At Clove Lakes Park Staten Island
- Father’s Day At Home Depot #FatherhoodIsLit
- Father’s Day Boxing With Crunch Gym and Your Kids
- Paint Your Own Mini 3D Thanos Figure For Father’s Day With Your Kids
- Hosting a “My Hero and Me” event at a school
- Riding A Millennium Falcon Lego Pedicab Around NYC
- The other side of the family, we all have them
- Hosting A Dad’s Lounge At A Mother’s Event Like MommyCon